Sunday, December 23, 2012

No excuses

     My goal this past week was to cut out eating ice cream every night. If you know anything about me you know that I could eat ice cream every single day of my life and never get tired of it. It is one of my biggest weaknesses. Some days were harder than others but I made it through the week with only eating ice cream one maybe 2 days last week (which was my goal). In the end it definitely  paid off when I lost 1.8 pounds for a total of 28 pounds gone!!! I was so happy to loose this week and get out of this gain one week and loose the next streak I had been on.
    My goal for this week continuing from last week is to have no excuses when it comes to exercise. I give myself 1 or 2 days off a week depending on what is going on that week. I was inspired by this little girl and her family  Breanna Bond loses 66lbs at 9 years old (click the link to read the article). Her mother mentions that they had no excuses for not exercising. I figured if this 9 year old girl can get herself moving every day so can I. Each excuse I come up with I come back with a solution.
Excuse: My show is coming on.   Solution: There is now cable hooked up in the party house to run on the treadmill while my show is on.
Excuse: It's too cold or it's raining. Solution: Treadmill
Excuse: Too tired  Solution: Take a short nap/ eat an apple/ work out in the morning so I can't use this excuse when I come home from work
Excuse: Treadmill is too boring Solution: Go when my favorite show is on tv or put a movie in
   I can keep on going. I am queen of procrastination and making excuses. However, I have decided that if I ever want to get healthy I have to put my mind to it and knock the excuses out. I feel so  much better when I get myself moving each and every day.
     New workout toys make for exciting workouts. For Christmas I received a Nike GPS sports watch. I'm not always a fan of wearing my phone and my arm band when I am running. I get aggravated with it and just want it off but I most always wear a watch when running. The watch tracks my distance, pace, time, calories and average heart rate. I was really excited to use it when I first received it. I wasn't planning to go for a walk tonight but I just had try out my new watch.
    This next week will be difficult considering it is Christmas. I am off for 2 weeks and will be sitting around the house with my nephew. I am a bored eater so I will be sure to have lots of fruit and veggies to pick on for my bored times. My goal is to remember it is a "holiday" NOT a "holiweek." Our weight watchers leader reminds us of this every holiday. My goal is to not gain this week. I would be happy with either a loss or maintaining I just do not want to gain. We don't have a weigh in this week so I will have to update you in 2 weeks.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!! Stay safe, love yall!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment