Sunday, January 27, 2013

Goodbye soft drinks!!!

          So I have come up with a challenge for myself. I have been reading Tim Tebow's book and this is where my inspiration came from for this challenge. In his book he talks about how his parents challenged him to not drink any soft drinks for an entire year. If he completed the challenge he received $100 from his parents. He writes about how he not only completed that challenge but still to this day he does not drink soft drinks. As I am reading this I am thinking to myself "man this is great!" I wasted no time and I typed up my challenge the following day and it is hanging on the back of my door in my room. I specifically placed it there so that I would see it first thing every day and be reminded of my commitment daily. 
Here's what it reads:
    "I, (my full name), am challenging myself to not drink another soft drink for the next 365 days. If I do have a drink I will put $10 into a jar (per drink.) At the end of the year I will donate any money in my jar to ICAN Foundation. ICAN is Saint's player Pierre Thomas; foundation that is helping to fight childhood obesity. On February 3, 2014 I am able to have a drink if I please. My hopes are to hate the taste of soft drinks and to never have a soft drink again in my lifetime." 
   I will have to think of a reward for myself if I make it through the entire year without a soft drink. It has to be something really special. I'll be thinking about that.
   

Let the challenge begin!!!! 

2 comments: