So many times throughout the week I think of a blog in my head and plan to type it out when I get home and then I never do. This happens pretty much every week lol. The past few weeks the same thing has continuously popped up in my head, which is how my body is changing. So often lately I look in the mirror and think to myself "who's body is that?" I have not seen my body look like this in years! I'm loving the changes I am seeing. I can now cross my legs comfortably when I sit, my thighs are getting smaller, and so is my waistline. My clothes are getting way too big for me and I am slowly reaching the next size down. I recently (about 2 1/2 weeks ago) began working out hard core with weights. About 2 or 3 days a week I am working out twice a day, once at 3:45am and again at 3:00pm. Due to the fact that I went from months of running to weight training my body is now changing. This change is causing a slight gain for a short time. It is very difficult to wake up at 3:45am and motivate yourself to workout when all you are seeing is the scale go up. I know that it will go down soon but it is so hard to remain motivated at this point and time. The one thing that is most definitely keeping me motivated are the changes that I mentioned earlier.
Since the last blog I ran a couple more races. My goal for each race was to increase my time. I was shooting to get it done in 33 minutes. The first was a race for the school I work at and I finished in 33:51. Even though I was shooting for 33 I was happy with my time due to the simple fact that I was slowing down several times to encourage some of my students. The following weekend I was shooting for 33 minutes again. By the strength of the Lord I finished in 31:32 and boy was I ecstatic!!! I have 3 more races within the next 4 weeks so I will once again be thinking about improving my time little by little. I was told that the best way to improve your time is to continue doing competitive races so that's what I will do!
No comments:
Post a Comment