Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Pushing Through Trials

       Well as most of you know I am training for two 1/2 marathons and my first one is coming up quicker than I realized. On November 1 I will run the Jazz 1/2 in New Orleans which means I am pretty deep into my training. I am up to running any where from 3 to 4 miles about 3-4 times during the week and 8 miles on the weekends. With that being said I have NO time for injuries. I was having lots of trouble with being consistent with my training in the beginning but I have finally set a routine and am sticking to it. Just as soon as I get into a routine here comes the injury I just said I had no time for. While running one of my 3 mile runs a few weeks ago I strained my hamstring. Let's just say I was very upset and a few tears were shed. I didn't cry because of the pain, although I could have, I cried because I was mad that my training was about to be messed up. Let's go through all of my injuries since I've been training: my knee (I dislocated my knee cap in high school and pretty much have had to wear a knee brace every time I run), my hamstring which I strained, my ankle that often pops as I begin to run making the first half of my run uncomfortable, and now cramps in my calf after having a charley horse. The worst part about all of it is that this is ALL in my RIGHT leg!!! Yup, my left leg is perfectly fine but my right leg is falling apart.
     Now, I don't say all of this to complain but to be real with what's really going on through the pain and to ask for some prayer. The reason I created this blog was to be real with y'all and hopefully encourage y'all and to be encouraged by y'all. Growing up I have always had some self esteem issues and often beat myself up. Back then I didn't know how to deal with my low self esteem so I just soaked in it until I was absolutely miserable. Now, I take these negative thoughts and fight back with the truths of scripture. Through each injury Satan is attacking and he is attacking hard!!! Here are some of the lies that come up over and over:

  •  I'm to fat to run.
  •  I will never complete this half marathon.
  • I will never be able to reach my goal bc I will just keep getting injured.
  • Why am I even attempting to do this again? I may not be consistent at much but one thing I am consistent at is failing.
  • I am never going to reach my goal weight, I'm going to be fat and single forever, do you honestly think someone will want to date you if you are fat?
Oh these are just to name a few. Thankfully I know that every single one of these are LIES!!!! LIES, LIES, LIES!!!!! I am so thankful for the truth that I find in scripture and that I no longer have to live trapped down in these lies. I have a Savior who loves me and who gives me strength day in and day out. The closer you are walking with God the harder the devil is trying to attack. He hates to see you living a Christ like life.  "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. RESIST HIM, FIRM IN YOUR FAITH, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen." -1 Peter 5:8-11.  My friends, RESIST HIM! It's not going to be easy but God never promised us easy. He uses our trials and tribulations to draw us closer to him. One of my biggest reminders through this whole process is to find joy in ALL circumstances. Yes, it's frustrating when Satan attacks but it is so sweet to run into my Savior's arms time and time again and to feel his arms wrapped around me comforting me.  
   With all of this being said I ask for prayer from all of my amazing friends who are reading this. Prayer for healing. Prayer for good health. Prayer for strength. In return I pray for each of you. I pray that when satan attacks you that you are fighting lies with truth. He may not attack you in the same way he is attacking me but he is attacking. BE WATCHFUL! RESIST HIM! Lean on the strength and truth of Christ!! Thank you for all of the support each of you give me day in and day out. Each of you mean so much to me!! Love y'all! :)

Oh and while I was watching Extreme Weight loss Makeover tonight (which I NEVER watch) I was reminded exactly why I am doing yet another half marathon. There is nothing like the feeling of accomplishment when you cross that finish line!!! :) Oh, God's sweet, perfect timing for me to turn on the tv.  So sweet of my sweet, loving Father!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment